STATEMENT OF FAITH & WHAT WE BELIEVE
The Tenets of Faith for Christian Faith World Ministries Center are intended as a basis of fellowship, that we all be of the same mind and speak the same thing (1 Cor. 1:10, Acts 2:42).
1. The Scripture – That the Scriptures both the Old and New Testaments, are divinely inspired of God and are the revelation of God to man, His infallible, authoritative rule, faith and conduct in the foundations for our beliefs (2 Tim. 3:15-17, 1 Thess. 2:13, 2 Peter 1:21).
2. The One True God – In the one true God that has revealed Himself as the eternally self-existent “I AM,” the Creator of heaven and earth and the Redeemer of mankind. He has further revealed Himself as embodying the principles of relationship and association as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Deut. 6:4, Isaiah 43:10-11, Matt. 28:19, Luke 3:22).
3. The Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ – In the Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God. The Scriptures declare:
a. His virgin birth (Matt. 1:23, Luke 1:31,35)
b. His sinless life (Heb. 7:26, 1 Peter 2:22)
c. His miracles (Acts 2:22, 10:38)
d. His substitutionary work on the cross (1 Cor. 15:3, 2 Cor. 5:21)
e. His bodily resurrection(Matt. 28:6, Luke 24:39, 1 Cor. 15:4)
f. His sitting at the right hand of God (Acts 1:9,11, 2:33; Phil. 2:9-11; Heb. 1:3).
4. The Fall of Man – That man was created good and upright; for God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.” However, man by voluntary transgression fell and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death, which is separation from God (Gen. 1:26-27, 2:17, 3:6; Rom. 5:12-19).
5. The Salvation of Man – That man’s only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ the Son of God.
a. Conditions to Salvation – Salvation is received through repentance toward God and faith toward the Lord Jesus Christ. By the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit being justified by grace through faith, man becomes an heir of God, according to the hope of eternal life (Luke 24:47; John 3:3; Romans 10:13-15; Eph. 2:8; Titus 2:11, 3:5-7).
b. The Evidence of Salvation – In the inward evidence of salvation is the direct witness of the Spirit (Rom. 8:16). The outward evidence to all men is a life of righteousness and true holiness (Eph. 4:24, Titus 2:12).
6. Ordinances of the Church
a. Baptism in Water – In the ordinance of baptism by immersion as commanded in the Scriptures. All who repent and believe on Christ as Savior and Lord are to be baptized. Thus they declare to the world that they have died with Christ and that they also have been raised with Him to walk in newness of life (Matt. 28:19; Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38, 10:47-48; Romans 6:4).
b. Holy Communion – In the Lord’s Supper, consisting of the elements — bread and the fruit of the vine — is the symbol expressing our sharing the divine nature of our Lord Jesus Christ (2 Peter 1:4), a memorial of His suffering and death (1 Cor. 11:26), and a prophecy of His second coming (1 Cor. 11:26), and is enjoined on all believers “till He come!”
7. Baptism of the Holy Spirit – In the baptism of the Holy Spirit and fire is a gift from God as promised by the Lord Jesus Christ to all believers in this dispensation and is received subsequent to the new birth. This experience is accompanied by the initial evidence of speaking in other tongues as the Holy Spirit Himself gives the utterance (Matt. 3:11; John 7:37-39, 14:16-17; Acts 1:8, 2:4, 2:38-39, 19:1-7).
8. Sanctification – In sanctification is an act of separation and of dedication unto God. The Bible teaches that without holiness, no man can see the Lord. We believe in the Doctrine of Sanctification as a definite, yet progressive, work of grace, commencing at the time of regeneration and continuing until the consummation of salvation at Christ’s return (Heb. 12:14, 1 Thess. 5:23, 2 Peter 3:18, 1 Cor. 1:30, 2 Cor. 3:18, Phil. 3:12-14).
9. Divine Healing – In physical healing of the human body by the power of God through the prayer of faith, and by the laying on of hands. It is provided for in the atonement of Christ, and is the privilege of every member of the Church today (Mark 16:17-18, I Peter 2:24, Matt. 8:17, Isaiah 53:4-5).
10. The Blessed Hope, The Resurrection of the Just – In the resurrection of those who have fallen asleep (died) in Christ and their translation together with those who are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord is the imminent and blessed hope of the church (1 Thess. 4:16-17, Rom. 8:23, Titus 2:13, 1 Cor. 15:51-52).
11. The Millennial Reign of Christ – In the second coming of Christ includes known as the rapture of the saints, and the visible return of Christ with His saints to reign on the earth for one thousand years (Zech. 14:5; Matt. 24:27,30; Rev. 1:7, 19:11-14, 20:1-6). This millennial reign will bring the establishment of universal peace (Isaiah 11:6-9, Ps. 72:3-8, Micah 4:3-4).
12. The Final Judgment – In the final judgment in which the dead wicked will be raised and judged along with the living wicked according to their works. Whosoever is not found written in the Book of Life, together with the devil and his angels, the beast, and the false prophet, will be consigned to everlasting punishment in the lake of eternal fire to burn with fire and brimstone, which is the second death (Matt. 25:46; Mark 9:43-48; Rev. 19:20, 20:11-15, 21:8).
13. Where All Are Welcomed – In a welcoming church to is open to all of God’s people based upon faith, but not at the expense of the Word of God
14. In The Biblical Family– In the Bible definition of the family and marriage between man and women. Genesis 2:21-25.